- Facebook Agrees To Take Down Dead Relative's Page--So even if you were dead, you would've lived on forever in Facebook.
- Facebook firing sparks ethics debate
- Wife murdered for Facebook status
- Facebook spammer fined almost $1 billion under CAN-SPAM
- Parents Joining Facebook, Kids Horrified
- Why Facebook Is for Old Fogies
- Facebook Pages Redesign Coming--Oh, they better be careful.
- How Facebook is taking over our lives
- Everyone else is on Facebook. Why aren't you?
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
- Citizens use YouTube to keep gov't in check
- US Senate, House launch YouTube channels
- College Student Twitters His Way Out of Egyptian Jail
- Egyptian bloggers who were harassed and detained in Egypt are harassed and detained in the US
- Malaysian blogger Raja Petra freed
- Burma activists sentenced to 65 years each in draconian crackdown--A blogger was sentenced to 20 years for a poem
- Vietnam imposes new blogging restrictions
- Court upholds arrest of South Korean blogger accused of spreading false information
- Blogger Writes from Inside the Newest Police State on the Planet--India is learning from its former colonial masters.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
New morph: Fat2Fit 10
(The Real) Fat Tuesday
- Weight Watching: Too Fat to Toddle and The Bigger Loser reviewed
- Think fat just hangs around and does nothing? It doesn't.
- "The world’s fattest man has finally managed to consummate his marriage after friends built him a 'sex ramp'."
- Study Says Cars Make Us Fat
- "This is what I think whenever I see one of the new Pepsi ads."
- More British men seeking breast reduction
- Now you CATCH obesity ...spreading fat cells are linked to a virus
- Obesity: America's epidemic
- How Fat People Will Save the Economy
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Your Government at Work
- Bidder said it was easy to rig government auction
- Ordeal becomes test of man's will--Bureaucracy, the fifth horseman
- Detroit lawyer gets 5-cent IRS bill, 4-cent refund
Saturday, February 21, 2009
- Official: Plane in N.Y. crash was on autopilot--Just when things were going so well.
- What saved the passengers of Flight 1549? Salon
- Man who shined laser into airplanes sentenced to 3 years
- Airplane Cigarette Break Sparks In-Air Brawl
- Shoe bomb joke at Lambert lands man in jail
- Gun T-shirt 'was a security risk'--A BAA spokesman said, "If it's offensive, we don't want other passengers upset." How convenient an excuse.
- Think the Guy in the Next Seat Is Annoying Now?
- Amtrak Police Harassment Of Duane Kerzic For Photography In Pennsylvania Station, New York--It is always disturbing whenever police enforce "laws" that don't exist. If you're an American, download and print the Photographer's Rights Page.
- Do police have the right to confiscate your camera?
- Photographers criminalised as police 'abuse' anti-terror laws
Thursday, February 19, 2009
- Tioga High students push to recall school board--And in the process learn about the value of civic action
- Felony charges dropped against teacher in porn/spyware case--But she had to surrender her teaching license as part of the settlement for a case that shouldn't have been pursued. But prosecutor Michael Regan has "no regrets" and says, "Things took a course that was unplanned. Unfortunately the computer wasn’t examined properly by the Norwich police…. For some reason this case caught the media’s attention."
- Students plagiarize, professor publicizes--Which cost him his job.
- UK teacher sacked for push-up punishment
- Winning Basketball Coach In 100-0 Game Fired--His refusal to apologize for his behavior "clearly does not reflect a Christlike and honorable approach to competition." Gee, if he was fired, what happened to the coach who lost?
- Students appeal ruling favoring plagiarism detection service--Claims their papers are copyrighted.
- Michigan State University Student Faces Suspension for E-mailing Letter to Professors
- Student Who Created Facebook Group Critical of Teacher Sues High School Over Suspension
- High schools 'could be sued' over sunburnt kids
- Teacher wants to expel Huck Finn--Un-P.C. in the age of a black president?
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
- US lawmaker injects ISP throttle into Obama rescue package--Feinstein is thinking of the children (always the perfect excuse to curtail everyone's rights) and the poor lobbyists trying to legislate means to prop up their clients' dying business models, but fortunately her underhanded backdoor effort to slip "network management" amendment through has failed for now.
- Net Neutrality Advocates In Charge Of Obama Team Review of FCC
- Editorial: FCC Commisioner wants DRM, ISP filtering, new job
- Google Wants Its Own Fast Track on the Web--Lawrence Lessig responds to the Wall Street Journal's "the made-up dramas".
- Virgin Media Denies BitTorrent Throttling Report
- Yelp user's negative review lawsuit settled--Try not to get sued in the first place.
- Copyright Suit Filed Over Illegal Use of Subscription Web Site
- New York Times sued over Boston.com's linking practice
Sunday, February 15, 2009
- Teens send nude pics to one other, face kiddie porn charges--Guess they didn't hear about the one before who got charged for "sexting".
- Student, 18, arrested for sex with girlfriend
- "But her profile said she was 18" = jail cell, judge rules
- Boy's parents sue to get his baby from mom, 21
- New law on teenage sex 'will make criminals of young girls'
- Woman may lose house for sex while she was a high school student 12 years ago
- Boy's family fights sex charges
What's with teens in Florida?
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Happy Valentines DayNew stories: Fred's Odyssey 5 by RdyRoger and Everybody Could Use a Little Ogre by dymondbolt
More Geeky proposals
- Man proposes to girlfriend by hacking Chrono Trigger video game--Hopefully, they'll end up like the 'Bejeweled' bride and groom.
- Best Marriage Proposal Ever, Via Twitter
- Geek Proposes With iPhone, Succeeds
Men and Women
- The Real Girlfriend Experience--Man hires prostitutes for no-sex night outs
- When it comes to flirts, men just don't get it
- Wealthy men give women more orgasms--Is that a wallet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
- Why guys go for outta-their-league ladies--Men hit on hotties despite their own unattractiveness, study confirms
- Help! I'm secretly attracted to women of the opposite sex Salon
- Best Break-up Letter Ever?
- Feminine Expressions--Or, check out how a real man does them.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Bank of America
- Bank of America Gets New Round of U.S. Aid--And needs 80$ billion more.
- Bank of America’s Chief in Trouble Over Merrill
- Former Merrill CEO Thain resigns from BofA--For spending $1.22 million on an office remodel, what a guy.
- Bank Of America Won't Let You Access Your Money
- Dye pack explodes on Bank of America customer
- America's Biggest Billionaire Losers Of 2008
- The Media's Role In The Financial Crisis
- In court, Countrywide calls its ads 'puffery’'--Claims no truth in their mortgage-massaging advertising.
- Ben Stein Asks Us to Feel Sorry for Wildly Irresponsible People
- Watch out for new credit card "policies" - CHASE card holders already hit with fees
- Lazy Nation Fears Obama Will Create Millions Of Jobs
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
New story: His Cup of Tea 2 by Londonboy
- Obama Staff Arrives to White House Stuck in Dark Ages of Technology--Nice to see the administration keeping up with the times.
- Podesta: 'Let Barack have his Blackberry.'
- Obama staff will say cu l8r 2 IM
- YouTube Now Mutes Videos With Unauthorized Copyrighted Music--But some users aren't going away quietly.
- What fair use? Three strikes and you're out... of YouTube
- YouTube begins experimenting with downloadable videos
- YouTube to allow Big Media to bring own ads, take on Hulu
- Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition—to make $$ on YouTube--Which they apparently did with increased DVD sales.